I’m making a list of ten ideas/things every day for 90 days to become an idea generator. This is supposed to be good practice for seeing story in everything. This is day 34.
So I read a blog today, The SHUBox, and Sarah found a shiny new planner that I just have to try. It’s like the Hobonichi, but with thick paper and much less expensive. So today, I give you my ten reasons to NOT get said planner.
- I really like the planner I use right now – Hobonichi Cousin
- I really like the planner I use right now (work edition) the Planner Pad + second Hobonichi Cousin
- I also have three other planners I do not use at all.
- I have four planners in active daily use, soon to be five when I put my editorial calendar into the five year planner.
- Planners are currently breeding in my supply closet.
- As are notebooks to be bullet journals.
- It’s not a part of the Debt Reduction Plan of 2022
- I am really not busy enough for multiple planners, nor one that big.
- I would spend time moving things to the new planner, rather than writing.
- A new, perfect planner would not guarantee a new perfect life.
Love your reasons! I can particularly relate to number 5…where once I was perfectly content to reside in my Traveler’s Company regular size, I expanded to a passport, then a Hobonichi A6, and even a Paper Republic cover. Rather than simplify my life, I have multiplied the joy of journaling into a job. Now I am wondering what ONE planner I will use for the second half of the year…or even 2023 alone. Hope you have better luck than I in this dilemma.
Well, as it happened, I bought the “shiny new planner”( the Inamio 24 Hourly Planner), and ugh, I loved it. It is now my day job planner. It has enough blank pages for work notes but not enough for dailies, so if feels like nothing is wasted. Oh well.
Thanks for visiting and commenting!