I’m making a list of ten ideas/things every day for 90 days to become an idea generator. This is supposed to be good practice for seeing story in everything. Today is day 47.
Ten things that happen in a university dining hall. A story in list form.
- An egg is dropped on the kitchen floor.
- Someone steps on the egg before it can be cleaned up and falls
- The falling person drops the pan of bacon he was carrying
- So grease joins the egg on the floor
- The head chef curses out the bacon dropper
- The front manager yells that they really need that bacon on the serving line NOW
- There is a moment of decision – does the five-second rule apply to bacon in this setting
- The head chef grabs the pan of fallen bacon and tells someone to get some more bacon on the griddle
- The word f*ck is used approximately 42 times in the above scenario
- The original bacon is re-fried for about three minutes, and then put out on the serving line.